Monday, April 28, 2014

Introducing..Marvelous Michael

Famous last words for one hundred, Alex? Okay, so I was matched with this guy on Tinder. After being convinced that most of the people on the site were creepy pedophines, which to some degree is true. I'm up to over 20 matches now, and I've only talked to three of them. Four if you count the creep who asked me if I was DTF. And for that asshole who did send me that, you can fuck off because I'll never be down to fuck with someone like you. You can go shave your back now.
However, there's this one guy. For privacy's sake, let's change his name to Marvelous Michael.
The first thing that he messaged me he said 'since we both wear glasses, does that mean that we're extra cool?' Well, I thought that was clever, so I messaged back. We had a conversation going for a couple of hours, and he didn't ask for anything other than a hug. I thought that was a classy way for a Tinder conversation. He called me intelligent, which is more refreshing then sexy. Very flirty, and I haven't heard from him ever since. Maybe I should message him again, but I don't know. He could be a creepy person hiding behind the iPhone screen for all I know. Yes, we have mutual friends, but he couldn't be real. But it's nice and flattering to think someone out there thinks I'm intelligent and wants to hug me. Even though we never met.
Maybe in some ways, online dating is romanticized based on movies such as You've Got Mail, when Meg Ryan ends with Tom Hanks. Maybe we all believe that it's going to happen. Perhaps it's the reason why some even join  the website to begin with.
And maybe, just maybe, we watched too much Catfish to make us wonder if someone's behind the screen is actually a person, who they say that they are. Thats the thing for online dating. We just never know what we're going to get.
I think that online dating is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.
Thoughts?
*Name has been changed to protect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment